Our Motion Path tool is the ultimate solution for real-time visualization and editing of your animations in 3D space.
- Real-time motion path visualization
- Camera and world space draw modes
- Dockable GUI
- Optional key frames visualization
- Optional “Use Pivots” mode to take modified pivots into account
- Optional key frame tangents visualization
- Optional rotational key frame visualization
- For objects with incoming connections, such as constraints or set driven keys, a baked/non-editable path is shown.
- Lock selection
- Interactive switch for lock selection
- Motion path edit tool
- Motion path draw tool
- With the draw tool on, ctrl+click on a keyframe and drag to activate stroke mode. Closest: move the keys to the closest point on the drawn stroke; Spread: distributes keys uniformly along the drawn point
- Multiple buffer curves
- Buffer Curve to Nurb Curve feature
- Copy 3D key frames positions inside the Maya viewport
- World Paste 3D key frames positions onto other objects
- Offset Paste 3D key frames positions onto other objects
- Customizable settings, such as colors and sizes
- Motion Path settings are saved in maya preferences
- Stroke Mode (Ctrl + click a keyframe and drag with the draw context activated)
Available for Maya 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017.
You will need a commercial license to use this tool in Maya 2017. Price: 2GBP per month. This license works also for the key reducer and camera lattice. The license is node locked, meaning it will work on one computer only.
MAYA 2017 UPDATE: the motion path has not its own viewport renderer. The keyframe display has also been changed for the viewport 2.0.
By downloading this tool you automatically accept our terms of agreement.
- Please use Maya 2017 update 4 or the tool UI will freeze when docked in the Maya UI. Everything works as expected when the UI is not docked, even on earlier Maya updates.
- Frames display does not show correctly On Linux (Viewport 2.0 )
- Weighted paths won’t display aligned-correct curve tangents when drawing using world space mode. Weighted paths won’t displayed tangents in camera space mode.
- Key selection is not integrated fully with Maya undo, it won’t work in case of object deletions and similar actions.
- Marquee selection in the MotionPathEditContext does not work with keys.
- When locking selection, drawing the path for the locked object could be slow depending on the object hierarchy and connections.
- Lock selection mode could be quite slow depending on the hierarchy/network of the locked object.
- Rotational Keys are shown only in conjunction with one or more translation key frames.
- With animation layers a baked/non-editable path will be shown.
- Copy-Paste could not work as expected in some cases:
– pasting keys on items with a different parent
– when some world tangent info won’t be available from your source curves
– when not copying all keys from the original curve
- Copy-Paste only copies translation values, it DOES NOT work with rotations.