Our Motion Path tool is the ultimate solution for real-time visualization and editing of your animations in 3D space.
- Real-time motion path visualization
- Camera and world space draw modes
- Dockable GUI
- Optional key frames visualization
- Optional “Use Pivots” mode to take modified pivots into account
- Optional key frame tangents visualization
- Optional rotational key frame visualization
- For objects with incoming connections, such as constraints or set driven keys, a baked/non-editable path is shown.
- Lock selection
- Interactive switch for lock selection
- Motion path edit tool
- Motion path draw tool
- With the draw tool on, ctrl+click on a keyframe and drag to activate stroke mode. Closest: move the keys to the closest point on the drawn stroke; Spread: distributes keys uniformly along the drawn point
- Multiple buffer curves
- Buffer Curve to Nurb Curve feature
- Copy 3D key frames positions inside the Maya viewport
- World Paste 3D key frames positions onto other objects
- Offset Paste 3D key frames positions onto other objects
- Customizable settings, such as colors and sizes
- Motion Path settings are saved in maya preferences
- Stroke Mode (Ctrl + click a keyframe and drag with the draw context activated)
If you are planning to use one of our tools in a studio, we would be grateful if you could let us know.
Available for Maya 2014, 2015 and 2016
By downloading this tool you automatically accept our terms of agreement.
- Weighted paths won’t display aligned-correct curve tangents when drawing using world space mode. Weighted paths won’t displayed tangents in camera space mode.
- Key selection is not integrated fully with Maya undo, it won’t work in case of object deletions and similar actions.
- Marquee selection in the MotionPathEditContext does not work with keys.
- When locking selection, drawing the path for the locked object could be slow depending on the object hierarchy and connections.
- Lock selection mode could be quite slow depending on the hierarchy/network of the locked object.
- Rotational Keys are shown only in conjunction with one or more translation key frames.
- With animation layers a baked/non-editable path will be shown.
- Copy-Paste could not work as expected in some cases:
– pasting keys on items with a different parent
– when some world tangent info won’t be available from your source curves
– when not copying all keys from the original curve
- Copy-Paste only copies translation values, it DOES NOT work with rotations.